You've been warned - this Chicken and Lime Avocado Soup might just become your new favorite dish. It's loaded with all of our favorites - from savory chicken breast to a mix of healthy vegetables. We hope you love it as much as we do!
Estimated Time: 30 minutes
- 1 ½ tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 sliced onion
- 7 diced garlic cloves
- 4 sliced jalapeños
- 8 oz of thinly sliced chicken breast
- 1 quart of chicken broth
- ¼ cup of Lucy’s 100% Lime Juice
- 1 diced tomato
- 1 sliced avocado
- ¼ cup of chopped cilantro
- 4 corn tortillas
- Add salt and black pepper at your discretion
- Cut tortillas into strips and place strips on an oven sheet. Place into oven at 400 degrees and bake for 5 minutes or until light brown.
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Cook onion, garlic, and jalapeños in oil until lightly browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in chicken, chicken broth, lime juice, tomato, salt and pepper. Gently simmer until chicken is no longer pink, about 10 minutes. Stir in avocado and cilantro and heat through, 3 to 5 minutes. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Ladle soup into bowls and sprinkle with tortilla chips.