Cool and crunchy never tasted so good! Create your very own dill pickles by following this recipe using our Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for an extra punch of flavor.
Estimated Time: 48 hours
- 1 ½ pounds of kirby cucumbers
- 4 peeled and smashed garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons of dill seeds
- ½ teaspoons of red pepper flakes
- 1 cup of Lucy’s Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 ½ tablespoons of kosher salt
- Sterilize jars and lids for long term use by boiling in pot of water
- Wash cucumbers and cut away both ends and stem
- Divide the dill seeds, smashed garlic gloves, and red pepper flakes into two groups, one for each jar, and add them to the widemouth jars.
- Fill the jars with the cucumbers and trim the cucumbers as needed in order to fit inside packing them tightly but not damaging them.
- Add vinegar, water, and salt to a saucepan until boiling lightly and then fill the jars within a ½ inch to the top and close lid tightly. Tap jar lightly making sure there are no air bubbles hiding in the mixture.
- Let the jars cool at room temperature and then refrigerate them. Try waiting 48 hours before opening the jars and taking a crunchy bite out of your fresh pickles! The flavor richens with time.