Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Warm fluffy pancakes rich with ingredients that will change the way you think about this classic. These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes have become a delicacy in our own home and while we save this recipe for special mornings, not a soul in the world would blame you for making these delights on any ol' weekend. Just make sure you have our Lemon juice nearby for that lemony sweetness.
Estimated Time: 20 minutes
- ¾ cup cold water or milk
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 large egg
- ⅛ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 tablespoon of Lucy’s 100% Lemon Juice
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons self-rising flour
- Place water, baking soda, egg, sugar, ricotta cheese, lemon zest, vegetable oil, and vanilla into a mixing bowl. Whisk until cheese lumps have been broken down.
- Add melted butter, Lemon Juice, and 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons self-rising flour into the same mixing bowl. Whisk until flour is almost invisible in batter.
- Allow batter to rest for 15 minutes at room temperature.
- Lightly heat skillet on medium heat. Pour out small portions of pancake batter into the skillet.
- Let each side cook for about 2 to 3 minutes.
- Flip onto the plate and enjoy!